-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Tuesday 19 April 2022

The Dirty Dozen - The Best Of 2022... Part 14 (Apr 2022 Wk 14) Spotify Playlist

My selection of the best releases this week (Apr 2022 Wk 14)
In no particular order other than tempo. 

Still catching up on the week I was away so there may well be some tunes I've missed for this week. There is a separate  'The Neo Dirty Dozen Wk 14' already posted which I think gives a bit more 'elbow room' for tracks that may have otherwise missed out. 

It's a bit of a compromise as once I'd split out the Neo soul tunes there weren't enough left to fill a main dozen and a covers dozen so there are several covers included i.e Output/Input, Jarrod Lawson, a remix (Output/ Input Eye To Eye) and quite a few that may have normally been assigned to the retro category i.e. DeRobert & The Half-Truths, Thee Illusions and Carlton Jumel Smith and possibly even Laura Rain. 

I think the obvious standout from this playlist is the Output/Input double sider which is currently topping the UK Soul Chart and was a new entry into Global Soul Chart. Laura Rain & The Caesars and Jarrod Lawson are also new entries in UK Soul Chart which is making it difficult choosing a SoulStrutter Selection of the Week, but I think if I were doing this at the time it would probably have been Laura Rain & The Caesars album. As I said when the album was posted, often times after a few singles have been pre-released, there is nothing of substance left, but that is not the case with this album.

2022

2021

Playlist:
DeRobert & The Half-Truths - Just Friends (8 Apr)
Nanette Maxine [2022] - When I Cried Boo hoo hoo (4 Apr)
Thee Illusions - Baby Don't (Waste My Time) (4 Apr)
Laura Rain and the Caesars - Take My Hand (8 Apr)
Jarrod Lawson - Footsteps In The Dark (8 Apr)
OUTPUT / INPUT, Audrey Wheeler, Brent Carter - Here We Go Again (8 Apr)
Wilfred 'Nenja' Frelix Feat. Melvin Riley - Play On (4 Apr)
Keith Robertson - Can't Change Yesterday (2 Apr)
Tanika Charles - Frustrated (8 Apr)
Carlton Jumel Smith - Devoted To You (8 Apr)
OUTPUT / INPUT, Shannon Pearson - Eye to Eye (Luxury Soul Mix) (8 Apr)
TMarsh - DAYPARTY (8 Apr)


NB You must be logged on to Spotify to listen in full


No comments: