-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 8 August 2021

The Dirty Dozen - The Best Of 2021... Part 27 (Aug 2021 Wk 31) Spotify Playlist


My selection of the best releases this week (Aug 2021 Wk 31)
I no particular order other than tempo. 

Very few albums/EP released this week and nothing of major significance, but there were some good rather than great tunes released this week.

The SoulStrutter Selection of the Week came down to a choice between Cherise's new single "Remedy" and the debut 'album' from Anthony Lofties "Sincerely, My Fault". I put quotes around album as, although it is ten tracks, there are only really four tracks as there are three interludes and three instrumental versions of the four 'main' tracks, but the four 'main' tracks are all pretty good especially "I'm So Sorry and "Go Back". So, as it's his debut, I've gone with it as this week's selection as new artists making great music need as much as exposure as possible.

An honorary mention should also go the Char Elizabeth's EP "In2Me" with three very good tracks "I'll Never Know", "Still Love" and "Rock With Me"

To be 'brutally' honest (and realistic) I don't really 'expect' any of the above to fare well in any of the soul charts as they are all ballads, but this is timeless, 'real', soul music, no gimmicks. However, I would be delighted to be proved wrong as otherwise artists will stop making this kind of music and we will be subjected only to 'commercial' music proven to 'sell', which will probably entail the mandatory rap injections!
.

NB You must be logged on to Spotify to listen in full



No comments: