-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 8 August 2021

The Dirty Dozen - The Best Of 2021... Covers, Reissues, Remixes & Samples Part 20 (Aug 2021 Wk 31)



My selection of this week's best cover versions, remixes, reissues, previously unreleased and new songs using samples (Aug 2021 Wk 31). (In no particular order).

There weren't sufficient covers etc. to make up a dozen this week so I've added a few tracks that I've only just found this week that are a few weeks old to make up the twelve.

Covers from Kenny Kirby (Donny Hathaway), The Sunburst Band (Jon Lucien), Teddy Douglas (Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes) and I've included a new version of The Realm's "On My Mind" as a cover by DJ-SLT-UK.

Remixes from Ramus Faber, Lamone and Brooklyn Groove Machine although I've had to include a previous remix (London Radio Mix) as the latest mixes by Yvonne Turner are not (yet?) available on Spotify. Listen to the latest version here.

A couple of reissued tracks by Fountain Delano from 2014.

To make up the dozen I've included the following three tracks, Sugar Rainbow, as I'm pretty sure this is an old song that has been just released, another track from Kenny Kirby's album "Playin' The Cracks" released in April, Faye Maena released 20 Jul.




No comments: