-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 25 July 2021

The Dirty Dozen - The Best Of 2021... Part 25 (Jul 2021 Wk 29) Spotify Playlist


My selection of the best releases this week (Jul 2021 Wk 29). 

I think this is probably one of the best (if not the best) sets of music featured in "The Dirty Dozen" to date. I think every single one is a little gem. All have been released in the last week except two (Maurice J and YAS) which were released the week before and the wonderful Penzillathegreat (aka Francci Richard) is a hangover from 24 Jun as I only discovered it on Monday when it came up on Spotify discover weekly! Credit must be given to Mark Merry who played it last Sunday on his Soul Sermon show and Franklin Sinclair (Global Soul), who, like me, simply adores it and played it on The New Music Hour and as one of his Essential 5 this week's Global Soul Chart show.. 

As far as the SoulStrutter Selection of the Week goes it was originally a no-brainer when Penziallthegreat appeared but a couple of other tracks came into contention Samm Henshaw "Grow" and James Vickery "All That I Am". In other week's Justy's "Expectations" would also have been a strong contender. However, Penziallthegreat reigns as I just can't stop listening to it and my partner loves it, so she must be obeyed!

I believe every track deserves a place on the UK Soul Chart, but realistically there would need to be a wholesale clearout of the existing chart for that to happen which is unlikely. So being pragmatic I think James Vickery may enter as he has a whole album full of great tracks which will garner airplay, If Penzillathegreat or Samm Henshaw don't enter I'll be amazed (and disappointed for them). Shaila Prospere is a new entry this week along with Hil St. Soul even though Shaila Prospere wasn't officially released until 23/07 and Hil. St. Soul 16/07 both had airplay from promos and both were posted here prior to release.
.

NB You must be logged on to Spotify to listen in full



No comments: