-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 27 June 2021

The Dirty Dozen - The Best Of 2021... Part 21 (Jun 2021 Wk 25) Spotify Playlist


My selection of the best releases this week (Jun 2021 Wk 25). 

There has been a deluge of releases, especially towards the end of the week, which means I've had a lot of music to trawl through to bring you this week's Dirty Dozen. However, whilst there has been plenty of material, there is nothing that particularly stands out from the crowd this week, or maybe I'm just 'ear blind' with so much to choose from?

It's not surprising to see last week's SoulStrutter Selection of the Week (Kadeem Tyrell & Omar - "All My Love") entering the Global Soul chart at #9 yesterday.

This week's selection goes to an album for the first time. The one I raved about during the week from Hawaiian outfit "Bound" which I couldn't feature in this week's Dirty Dozen as the second half of the album, which contains the best track  "Right Timing" which I would have featured, is not on Spotify.  

Another track I raved about is Doug Payne & Carman Bryant's wonderful unreleased track "Take A Chance" from the late 70s, is also not on Spotify. It is the highest viewed post in the last 7 days by a country mile having more than twice the views than the next placed post. 

The purpose of the Selection of the Week is to give a release a boost so, as "Take A Chance" seems to be getting plenty of attention already, I've chosen "Bound" to give it some additional promotion.


NB You must be logged on to Spotify to listen in full



No comments: