-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 1 August 2021

The Dirty Dozen - The Best Of 2021... Part 26 (Jul 2021 Wk 30) Spotify Playlist


My selection of the best releases this week (Jul 2021 Wk 30). 

After such a bumper week for releases last week, this week was always going to struggle to keep up, and right enough, apart from a couple of album releases, there is nothing majorly standout this week.

Three 'big' albums were released on Friday, GarciaWalker&Durrell, Leela James "See Me" and Durand Jones & The Indications. There was also another from quite an 'insignificant" artist!!!, Prince, but I said my piece on that one when it was posted!

I struggled to choose the the SoulStrutter Selection of the Week as only a couple of tracks stood out from the crowd, for me. One is a few weeks old now, Mulvey's Medicine (which is a long track and you need to listen for a while to get into it) and Lady Frequency, but neither of these would have had a shout in other weeks. So, I've gone for an album.

It was a duel between GarciaWalker&Durrell "Praying For Rainand Durand Jones & The Indications "Private Space". 

I was pleasantly surprised by "Private Space", as I wasn't expecting too much as two of the pre-released singles ("Witchoo" and "The Way That I Do") I didn't think were particularly good but the album has at least six very good tracks.

However, I don't think there is a bad track on "Praying For Rain", and there are plenty of beauties, so this weeks' 'honour' goes to GarciaWalker&Durrell. My vinyl copy dropped on the doorstep yesterday ... but it's still virgin, the 12" of "Get Into You Life" has been pre-ordered!

Footnote: I've just listened again to Mulvey's Medicine and it's a real slow burner ... it builds and builds, so don't judge it from the first couple of minutes, the second half is much better, it needs to be listened to all the way through!
.

NB You must be logged on to Spotify to listen in full



No comments: