-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 15 August 2021

The Dirty Dozen - The Best Of 2021... Part 28 (Aug 2021 Wk 32) Spotify Playlist


My selection of the best releases this week (Aug 2021 Wk 32)
In no particular order other than tempo. 

A very slow week for new material last week with not very much of significance turning up until Friday and, what I regard as, the best release of the week only showing up yesterday.

Like last week there are some 'good' tunes without any particularly standing out from the crowd. However, although some tunes grow on you, occasionally one hits you as soon as you first hear it and that was the case for me with Josh Berkeley's new single which motivated me to explore his back catalogue and I wasn't disappointed. So, he is the SoulStrutter Selection of the Week.

One that is certainly a grower is Ny'Aira "Tyme" which I expect to do well, but sadly I don't think many are going to get behind Josh Berkeley which is a shame.

Lady Blackbird has been assigned to the Covers Dozen (as it is a cover version) and I've also put Rita Ray and Yola in there as well, as although they are both new releases, they both have a retro feel.
.

NB You must be logged on to Spotify to listen in full



No comments: