-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Monday 18 April 2022

The Dirty Dozen - The Best Of 2022... Part 13 (Mar 2022 Wk 13) Spotify Playlist

My selection of the best releases this week (Mar 2022 Wk 13)
In no particular order other than tempo. 

I'm a couple of weeks behind this month as I took some time off at the beginning of the month so I'm just catching up with selections of the week for the last week in March. I think that probably most of the best releases for this week are included in 'The Neo Dirty Dozen Wk 13' already posted.

It's a bit tricky trying to retrospectively choose the SoulStrutter Selection of the Week as it's difficult not to be influenced by what's happened chart-wise with Eric Roberson's album currently topping the Global Soul Chart, Joe Leavy topping the UK Soul Chart last week and Parkes Stewart also doing very well. 

The main aim of the selection of the week is to highlight a track/EP/Album that might otherwise go unnoticed so there is little point selecting any of the above, therefore my choice goes to Mamilah's four track EP "Old Parade" as I think, even with just four tracks, there's something for everyone on it, unless of course you're a dyed in the wool, blue-eyed basher lol!

From the Neo list Novine "Wanna Be Yours" and POSY etc. "Fill My Cup" are outstanding in my view, as is Mychelle "Forbidden Fruit" which I feel is spoilt a bit by a totally unnecessary 30 second rap. In fact the more I review the Neo list I think there are some very good releases included in there so it would be churlish to highlight them further.  I think, as I'm separating them now, it may be worthwhile choosing a Neo/future soul selection of the week as well in future, let's see how it goes.

2022

2021

NB You must be logged on to Spotify to listen in full


No comments: