-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 27 March 2022

The Dirty Dozen - The Best Of 2022... Part 12 (Mar 2022 Wk 12) Spotify Playlist

My selection of the best releases this week (Mar 2022 Wk 12)
In no particular order other than tempo. 

A baker's dozen this week as, although Sunstone "Got It Bad" is also included in the Neo Dirty Dozen, I felt it couldn't be left out of the main dozen as it has really grown on me and I think it's got across the board appeal.

Another 'light' week again I'm afraid so there wasn't a great deal left out after I'd narrowed them down.  There's a couple of tracks featured on the new Stone Foundation album. Kim Tibbs features as, although she's been around on Bandcamp for a couple of weeks, she hasn't featured until it was released officially on Friday. Norman Brown is another that has been floating around for a few weeks 'illicitly'(?) which was released on his new album on Friday. 

Other tracks to mention include The Nigel Lowis Philly Remix of Dennis Taylor's "In The Mood", a nice original song by Davante Devaughn, PJ Morton's wonderful "Please Don't Walk Away" gets a remix. Jamai cover of Joe perhaps spoilt slightly by a guitar solo (I feel an edit coming on!), but it's nice and soulful. It was a bit of a toss up between it and Sunstone "Got It Bad" but as Jamai is a cover I've chosen Sunstone as SoulStrutter Selection of the Week.

2022

2021

NB You must be logged on to Spotify to listen in full


No comments: