-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 9 January 2022

The Dirty Dozen - The Best Of 2022... Part 01 (Dec 2022 Wk 01) Spotify Playlist


My selection of the best releases this week (Jan 2022 Wk 01)
In no particular order other than tempo. 

Whist retaining the title "The Dirty Dozen" (until I come up with a more appropriate one) this year I will be extending the selections to one hour, so the number of tracks may vary from week to week. This week it contains 16 tracks, most have been released this week but there are a few 'hangovers' (no pun) from the festive period that got lost in the melee.

What I'll also attempt to do each week is highlight the album (or EP) of the week, as it will make it much easier at the end of the year reviewing the 'best of'. So with that in mind this week it was fairly easy and the selection is Mr. Mosley "R&B 'the way it use to be'" which has at least four great tracks and some others which may be 'growers'. The standout, the more I listen to it, is "Legendray" (deliberately or otherwise misspelt) included in this week's "The Dirty Dozen".

Had Lindsey Webster "I Didn't Mean It" been released this week it would surely have been SoulStrutter Selection of the Week, but as it's not released until next week that pleasure will be held over until next week unless something else special sees release. However, trying to choose this week's has not been an easy task. The shortlist is between Aliah Sheffield "I'm Never Drinking Again", Kelvin Evans feat. Lynita Renae "Spend The Night", Marcus Valentine "Just Say" (which I believe is technically a  reissue as it appeared on an EP in 2013), Paulyae "This Time", Asia Rainey "Good Morning". There are several others which get better with each listening and the classy Masha Mnjoyan  song "Garden of Eden" I'm really enjoying. So it's a bit of a lottery but I've gone for Kelvin Evans feat. Lynita Renae "Spend The Night"  as I think it may have more across the board appeal.

P.S. I have "The Bleeding Edge" A & B Lists still to post which I'll leave over until tomorrow as there is quite a lot to digest today with the other "Dirty Dozen" mopping up deferred releases for week 51 & 52 2021!

2021

NB You must be logged on to Spotify to listen in full


No comments: