-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Monday 23 March 2020

Eddie Parker [1976] - But If You Must Go / I Need A True Love [MAM 803]


OK, we're now more or less up to date with new releases from the last few months, so time to look at some quality oldies - in this instance a few deep soul offerings.  This track was only previously available via the original 1976 pressing on MAM/Miko with 'I Need A True Love' on the flip and would set you back around £2,000 ... if you could even find one!

Eddie Parker [1976] - But If You Must Go [MAM 803]


SoulStrutter's Rating: 9.5


Eddie Parker [1976] - I Need A True Love [MAM 803]

This side was previously released on Triple 'B' (and also Googa-Mooga in France) with 'Crying Clown' on the flip in 1968.  It is thought that the 1976 release is a slightly different version ... but personally I can't tell much difference.

SoulStrutter's Rating: 9.2


Those lovely people at Ace/Kent in the UK included 'But If I Must Go'  in their Jack Ashford: Just Productions 24 track compilation CD in 2016.


They then issued it on their Deep Soul imprint on vinyl 45, flipped with the wonderful Debbie Taylor & The Hesitations - 'All That I Have'.

(Note: There is already a post of Debbie Taylor singing this live in 2017).


Debbie Taylor & The Hesitations - [2016] - All That I Have  [Deep Soul 03]

This track lay unissued until 2005 when it first appeared on Kent compilation 'GWP-NYC-TBC' compilation'. I note that it was co-written by Larry Saunders, an underrated artist who released some quality sides of his own which I am sure to feature at some point.

SoulStrutter's Rating: 9.4





No comments: