-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Saturday 5 February 2022

Kem [2022] - Stuck On You [UMG]


The first new material from Kem for over twelve months, although he did reissue his 2020 album last Sep with two additional tracks which were remixes of previous tracks.

I resisted posting "Stuck On You" yesterday (when it was released) as it's not really my cup of tea. Its sounds too much like Lionel Ritchie's  mid 80s MOR material for my taste who bizarrely also recorded a song called "Stuck On You". Don't get me wrong, as some of the ballads he sang with Commodores are classics, but you have to admit he did go a bit MOR when he went solo. 

It's also not a crack at Kem as his 2020 album, "Love Always Wins", was one of my picks of the year, I just think he's done much better material. To be fair it gets better the further into the song you get and with the more you listen. It's the sort of song that may do well on national radio e.g. BBC and Heart FM and the likes but not really one for the pure soulies, but that's just my opinion and I will no doubt be proven wrong as it flies up the soul charts!.

Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist.

FacebookTwitterInstagramOfficial WebsiteWikipediaAmazonApple musicSpotifyDeezerSoundCloudDiscogsYouTube Channel

Details
Rating: 7.4
Explicit: N
Genre/Style: New Soul / MOR
Format: Single
Media: Digital
Label: UMG
Cat No: None
Date: 04/02/2022
Key/BPM: 2B/71
Value: £1


No comments: