-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 10 October 2021

Robert Glasper & D Smoke & Tiffany Gouché [2021] - Shine [Loma Vista Recordings]


When I first heard a 30 second sample of this on Thursday I simply dismissed it as a rap track.  Leigh 'The Flava' Taylor even mentioned it to me the day after release and I listened again but still chose not to post it.

I was 'put right' by Roger Williams who suggested I should listen again after I pointed it in his direction and right enough,  putting my rap prejudice to one side, it's a pretty good vibe. I'd still prefer to hear a version without the rap as for me the rap doesn't enhance it, but then that's just my personal preference and it is 2021 and this is just the way things are going.

It's great to get other's opinions as quite often I listen to so much that sometimes it is the hearing equivalent of "can't see the wood for the trees"

"Shine" comes bundled on Spotify with another track "Better Than I Imagined" which features H,E.R and Meshell Ndegeocello which was released in Aug 2020.

Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist.


FacebookTwitterInstagramOfficial WebsiteWikipediaAmazonApple musicSpotifyDeezerBandCampSoundCloudDiscogsYouTube Channel

Details
Rating: 7.9
Genre/Style: Neo Soul / Jazz / Rap
Format: Single
Media: Digital
Label: Self Released
Cat No: None
Date: 07/08/2021
Key/BPM: 4B/90
Value: £1


No comments: