-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 10 October 2021

Down To Earth [2007] - I Want To Ta-Ta You Baby [Live @ Ronnie Scott's]


Earlier this week (Thursday) I posted this version of Johnny 'Guitar' Watson's song "I Want To Ta-Ta You Baby" from his 1976 album "Ain't That A Bitch".  I deliberately didn't state who the artist was so that there was no 'prejudice'.

I can now reveal that the artist is none other than current UK Soul Chart toppers Down To Earth,  The song was recorded live at the world famous Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in June 2007.

This is an incredible 'one take' live performance, the vocals (lead and backing), guitar, horns and the whole arrangement is superb. Can you imagine what a studio version would sound like? I've suggested that they record it on their new album, however they have stated that they don't like to do covers on their albums, only original material, which is fair play to them!






No comments: