-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Saturday 18 September 2021

MoreSoul [2021] - Tshenolo [Self Released] (Full EP)


I've 'raved' on MoreSoul's material with his last few releases and found an EP he recorded specifically for his wife's birthday (the EP's title "Tshenolo" is her name) early in August which he made available via BandCamp, but having only skimmed through it I didn't feel that it was up to his usual standard so didn't post it. 

He has now made it available on the major DSPs as of yesterday (17 Sep 2021) and listening to it again I have to admit that I perhaps gave up on it too easily. I must have given up on it half-way through after listening to the earlier tracks only as the last track "All Night Long" is the 'killer' one, as I'm sure, had I listened to it, that I would have at least posted that track! 

Listening again to the EP it's not that bad at all. I still feel his vocals are a 'bit off' (not to his usual high standard at least) on several tracks which made me think he possibly 'rushed' it out quickly for his wife's birthday. A few of the tracks are sung in his native tongue, so perhaps that is why I didn't post it? I've no idea which language it is as there are around a dozen used in South Africa.  See what you think of it yourself.

Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist.

FacebookTwitterInstagramAmazonApple musicSpotifyDeezerBandCampSoundCloudYouTube Channel

Details
Rating: 8
Genre/Style: Neo Soul
Format: EP
Media: Digital
Label: Self Released
Cat No: None
Date: 17/09/ 2021 (08/08/2021 on BandCamp)
Value: £7.99


No comments: