-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Estee Pierce Bio


A track I first heard on Franklin Sinclair's New Music Hour on 7 May 2021, and jumped on it straight away, was Estee Pierce's new single 'Spoil Me' which entered the Global Soul Chart at #3 this week (22 May) and is getting plenty of rotation on many radio DJ's playlists. 

It was the first 'SoulStrutter's Selection of the Week' and also featured in 'The Dirty Dozen', both on 9 May 2021.

 

Estee has re-posted the two posts I did on him on his facebook and has got in touch with a bio and a couple of photos which I'd like to share.


From Estee: (I've gone back with a few questions so once he responds I'll update)

Estee started his musical journey at the age of 10. To most people's surprise he did not start by singing or even playing an instrument.  He started out scratching his Father's old records. Estee had an obsession with groups like The Temptations, Four Tops, Earth Wind and Fire, Gladys Knight and the Pips and his favorite the O'Jays.  Estee seems to love the Soulful sounding singers. Singers like the late greats, Sam Cooke, James Brown, Otis Redding, Teddy Pendergrass and Donny Hathaway.  

Growing up in a military family and living all over the world exposed Estee to many different cultures and music. The church played a major role. Listening to his aunts and uncles singing in the choir. He was in his middle school and high school band.

After graduating from high school, Estee went off to college but after noticing the struggles his mother was going through after the death of his father, he decided to join the Army. This is where he found his voice.  Performing with the Army band and numerous R&B bands all over the world.  

Estee later put out his debut album 'Life Stories' in 2016 and stays committed to keeping the soul in music. 

P.S.
My next album 'Givin' My Soul' will be dedicated to my Father Estee C. Pierce Sr, my baby brother Antwan Pierce and my good friend Bill Randle (RIH) love you guys. Mr. Randle encouraged me to keep going when I wanted to give up.  It's because of these great men I keep going.  

The R&B Soldier
Estee Pierce Jr


FacebookFacebookTwitterAmazonApple musicSpotifySoundCloudDiscogsYouTube Channel


No comments: