-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Estee Pierce [2016] - Life Stories [Branamion Records] (Full Album)


You may have spotted a new feature on the blog started this week 'SoulStrutter's Selection of the Week'. Each week I'll highlight my favourite new release, as otherwise they get buried in other posts. This week's honour goes to Estee Pierce with his new single 'Spoil You'. 

As it's pretty quiet still on the new release front I thought I'd post his only (known) album which he released in 2016. What a 'hidden' gem this is, probably known only by the real connoiseurs. It's still available digitally, I don't know it it was ever released on CD, I guess not as it isn't even listed on Discogs (I can't find one if it was)! 

To highlight a particular track would be churlish as there's not a bad track on the whole album. The tracks are, in the main, deep and soulful ballads with 'Grown Folks Dancin' and 'Just Call Me' being the only uptempo tracks. I hear similarities in parts to Luther's 'Never Too Much' in 'Grown Folks Dancin' which is a stepper. There are two versions, the remix includes some rap.

I 'suspect' that Branamion is his own, independent, label, and as alluded to in the 'Spoil You' post, I think he's from the Newport News/Hampton City area of Virginia as, from his facebook posts, he performs regularly in this area, but that's all I've been able to discover.

New bio posted here.

Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist.


FacebookFacebookTwitterAmazonApple musicSpotifySoundCloudDiscogsYouTube Channel

Details
Rating: 8.8
Genre/Style: Real Soul
Format: Album
Media: Digital
Label: Branamion Records
Cat No: None
Year: 20/03/2016
Value: £7.99


No comments: