-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Kelly Price [2021] - I Want To Thank You [Motown Gospel]


The latest five track EP from Kelly Price 'Grace', her first release (apart from a few unsuccessful singles) since 2014, was released 1 Apr 2021. I've previously posted the disco/gospel track 'Dance Party'. The only other track of interest is a cover of One Way's Alicia Myers 'I Want To Thank You', The other tracks include an interlude, a rap and the other two are bland MOR ballads to my ears.

'I Want To Thank You' was written by Al Hudson & The Soul Partners / One Way member Kevin McCord and Al Perkins who produced the band, but also released many solo recordings from early 60s to late 70s.

I hadn't realised how much in demand the Alicia Myers version was with prices currently as high as £80 on Discogs for the original 7"!

Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist.


Alicia Myers [1981] - I Want To Thank You [MCA #MCA -52107


FacebookTwitterInstagramOfficial WebsiteWikipediaAmazonApple musicSpotifyDeezerSoundCloudDiscogsYouTube Channel

Details
Rating: 8 / 8.5
Genre/Style: Gospel Cover Version /Modern Soul
Format: Single
Media: Digital / 7"
Label: Label
Cat No: None
Year: 2021
Key: 10A / 10A
BPM: 105 / 112
Value: £1 /£50 (approx.)


No comments: