-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Ane' [2021] - Where I'm Coming From [Self Released]


This keeps cropping up on the new releases from a singer called Ane'. I've listened to it a few times and have been hesitant to post it as it's 'almost but not quite' as some of the vocals sound off-key to my well-tuned ear 😉 but I'll let you draw your own conclusions.  It's basically an album full of covers of mainly 60s/70s songs.

Tracklist:
Somewhere In My Lifetime - Phyllis Hyman (1978)
The Makings Of You - Gladys Knight & The Pips (1974)
The Way - Jill Scott (2000)
Hypnotized - Linda Jones (1967)
Hello Stranger - Barbara Lewis (1963)
Street Life - Crusaders Feat. Randy Crawford (1979)
Together - The Intruders (1967)
Going Out of My Head - Little Anthony & The Imperials (1964)
This Is A Man's World - James Brown (1966)
The Ghetto - Donny Hathaway (1969)
You Send Me (Live) - Sam Cooke (1957) 

I can find no information about the artist or discover anything else she has released.


Details
Rating: 6.5
Genre/Style: Classic Soul / Cover Version
Format: Album
Media: Digital
Label: Self Released
Cat No: None
Year: 01/04/2021
Value: £7.99


1 comment:

Moxy said...

nice!