-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 18 February 2021

We Want You To Dance [2021] - 90s Ignorance [So Much Love To Give]


The last couple of days I've been catching up with some 'oldies' as there hasn't been much to shout about on the new release front.  Tomorrow will be a different story as many new releases seem to get launched on Fridays.  Today has been a bit of a broad spectrum, but I'll close with, what I consider to be, a very different, original and an impressive new album.

An oddly named artist/group 'We Want You To Dance', which I personally feel may hinder them, release a new (debut?) album '90s Ignorance'. That aside, they do have a very distinctive and refreshing sound with a fusion of soul, R&B, jazz and even a tad of hip-hop and rock. 

I have, as yet, found no info on the artist but hear British (southern English) accents, on several tracks, so guess that they are probably from UK. I also think she may be a solo artist as can only hear one voice but presume that she has a band behind her given the name. 

I can't yet decide what my favourite track is but it would be between 'Temptation', 'Do You?' and 'Dalston Nights (Look So Cute)' (which is a real mash up of genres soul, hip-hop, jazz), I may plump for the latter for it's originality. 'Industrial Chic has modern/retro rock/disco vibe (not sure if Chic in the title is a play on the 70s/80s band's name).

UPDATE - could there be a clue in the title of 'Dalston Nights' which is in East London?

I think I must be the first to listen to this album on YT as only a handful of views on some tracks and none on the others until I listened to them. I highly recommend this album if your open minded as it's the most original album I've heard this year so far, and it gets better with each play, but in no way could I describe it as a 'pure' soul album.

If any of the group members, or anyone who knows them, comes across this post then please get in touch with some further details as I'm loving this album.

It really is a different and very contemporary album so I recommend listening to the whole album. 

Listen to Full Album here



Do You? [7A/88]

It looks like this may have already been released as a single on 3 Jul 2020.


Dalston Nights (Look So Cute) [2A/96]

It looks like this may have already been released as a single in Oct 2020.


Temptation [8B/92]


Details
Format: Album
Media: Digital
Label: So Much Love To Give
Cat No: None
Year: 2021
Value: £1/£7.99


No comments: