-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 18 February 2021

Juanita Williams - Discography


A record I've always been fond of was released in 1964 by Juanita Williams 'Baby Boy' / 'You Knew What You Were Gettin'' which I always thought was one of only two records she had released, until a few years ago when I discovered that she relased an album in 1994.  

I was even more pleasantly surprised when I discovered another album, 'It's Who I Am', by her released in 1999 which is mainly covers of jazz standards but there are two good soul tracks, a cover of Aretha's 'Until You Come Back To Me' and a superb deep soul/jazz tune called 'So Good' (which may well be a well known jazz song as all the other songs are covers, but I don't recognise it). Even All Music doesn't state who the writers are for 'So Good' or 'Please Don't Say You're Sorry Again' so it will be difficult to track down. If anyone knows please leave a comment.

It is also interesting how things intertwine as I wasn't aware, until researching her further, that she was a member of The Honey Bees (with her sister Barbara Ann Williams and  Mary 'Stegall' Lucas), mentioned in the Jack Montgomery post, who recorded the vocal version of 'Never In A Million Years' on Garrison.  This is a rare 4 figure valued record. It's the only known release for them and other that the release on Golden World she has only one other listed single which was on Wingate in 1965 with 'Some Things You Never Get Used To' / 'You Knew What You Were Gettin' on the flip again.

Discography

NB clicking on title link will open track(s) in YT on a new page, clicking on labe/cat no will open Discogs or Amazon pages for the release.

Singles

1976 - The Honey Bees - Let's Get Back TogetherNever In A Million Years [Garrison #GAR 3005]

All of the above records are good and recommended listening.

Albums

UPDATE 22 Jul 2021 - I have been informed by a reader that the son of Juanita Williams states that these two albums are by a different singer.

1999 - It's Who Am I [Hq]


Here's a couple of reviews on 'It's Whom I Am' I came across whilt digging around:


So Good


Until You Come Back To Me



No comments: