-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 18 February 2021

Nobody's Children [1976] - Shardarp / I Wish I Had A Girl [Toeholt #14810]


This is the only known release for Nobody's Children who were a funk band from Florida who released this record in 1976 on Chet Davenport's Toeholt label. 

Most of the label's output (around 9 45's) was released by Davenport himself, including two versions of another modern/crossover favourite 'I Can't Get Over You' initially released as Traffic Jam and then as Chet Davenport.

Nobody's Children lead singer (songwriter, arranger, producer and sax & keyboard player) was Willie Travis aka El' Willie who was a member of The Original Drifters in the early 70s prior to forming Nobody's Children

El’ Willie re-recorded 'Shardarp' in 2018 for Cannonball. He then re-recorded his own version in 2019 and in 2020 the original version with the original flip side 'I Wish I Had A Girl' were both issued by Twilight records.

This is a 'unicorn rare' record, only two have been listed on Popsike, the last one sold in Nov 2020 for £3,317, the other sold just shy of £2k in Jul 2015. I think I'm right in saying that Soul Sam began spinning this around 2014.

Nobody's Children [2020] - Shardarp / I Wish I Had A Girl [Twilight #ASHP-522-20]

Short samples only of these I'm afraid.


Nobody's Children [1976] - Shardarp [Toeholt #14810]

Original version released 1976


El' Willie [2018] - Shardarp II [Cannonball #CBLL-018]

Cannonball remake released 4 Apr 2018 (Vocal & Instrumental  samples only)

El' Willie [2019] - Shardarp (3000 the Rebirth) [Twilight]

El' Willies version from  'El' 19 Smooth as Silk 8' album released Jul 2019 on Twyilight.



No comments: