-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 5 April 2020

Xxception To The Rule [2011] - Angel In Disguise [Daxwood]


A superb piece of soul - mellow and deep, from an obscure group/duo who appear to have released only one album 'Then And Now' in 2011, from which this track is taken.  The track has also featured on a compilation Daxwood Soul II New Old School in 2010.


I can't find any info about the group (although I did find their Facebook page) but my instinct tells me that these album tracks may be older tracks (possibly from the 80s) that are only just seeing the light of day?  I gather from their Facebook page that the CD album was released Sep 2011 and was sold out by 27 Sep.


I managed to find the whole album on YouTube.  It has quite a mix of styes soul, jazz, gospel, hip-hop so I've selected what I consider the best tracks only.

I'm Through With You

This one reminds me of Anita Baker.


I'm Feeling

Loving You Is The Best Thing

This track also featured on Soul Discovery With Mick O'Donnell compilation CD.




No comments: