-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 5 April 2020

Sade [1988] - I Never Thought I'd See The Day [Epic 460497-1]


Just 'stumbled' across this great video of Sade (Helen Folasade Adu), with a track that was never released as a single, from her platinum album 'Stronger Than Pride' from 1988.

I have to confess that 'back in the day' I didn't consider Sade particularly soulful.  She had a style all of her own which was probably more smooth jazz than soul to my ears.  However, compared to a lot of material being released today passing as R&B / neo soul this stands head and shoulders above, so I thought I'd do a quick post of it.

I have only just noticed that she was awarded a CBE in 2017 having already been given an OBE in 2002.  'Essex Girl' done good!




No comments: