-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Saturday 11 April 2020

UK Soul Chart Breakers 9th April 2020


Here are the top 10 'breakers' on the UK Soul Chart 9th April 2020

Blue Soul Ten - Cupid's Bow feat Syauqi Destanika [Greenhouse]

Neo soul stepper.

SoulStrutter's Rating: 8.5



The New Mosaic feat Erica T Bryan - Out Of Body 

I think I may have already posted this track, so may have also made the comment that her voice to me sounds similar to Tahira Memory, Jarrod Lawson's singing partner and the song sounds like something they would produce, which is a compliment.

SoulStrutter's Rating: 8.6



Kevin Ross - Love's In Need Of Love Today feat Sonna Rele [Art Society]

Neo soul/RnB with 'insipid' vocals that so many RnB artists seem to have adopted that some may like ... but not me I'm afraid!


SoulStrutter's Rating: 7.6



Antoine Dunn - I'm Yours [Harvey Marie]

Neo soul/RnB stepper which I'm afraid doesn't do a lot for me as it's just like so much other material that it doesn't move me.


SoulStrutter's Rating: 7.7



Jane Handcock - What I Need []

A nice neo soul ballad/stepper from this predominantly hip-hop artist that shows that she can sing on the 'right' material.  I'm liking this the more I listen, it gets under your skin, and the hook is so reminiscent of an old school tune that I can't quite place.  Not sure what the relevance of the Bobby Brown & Whitney Huston image is all about - it's from her official channel.

The YouTube clip sound quality is not great so click  her Soundcloud page to listen



SoulStrutter's Rating: 8.6




Ledisi - Anything For You

Deep neo soul ballad from 'The Soul Singer' artist.  This girl can 'sang'.

SoulStrutter's Rating: 8.6



Cleo Sol - When I'm In Your Arms

Soft, breathy Sade-like vocals on this neo soul ballad.

SoulStrutter's Rating: 8.1



Midas Hutch - In Touch feat Charli Taft & Daul

Jerky neo soul/RnB with breathy lightweight vocals.

SoulStrutter's Rating: 7.8



Karen Jewels - Stronger feat Matthew McIntosh

Neo/modern soul with a steady driving beat.

SoulStrutter's Rating: 8.65



Silk & Nightwind - Ole Skool Thang

Soulful jazz with hints of Marvin Gaye samples.

SoulStrutter's Rating: 8.75




No comments: