-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Saturday 8 October 2022

Assal [2022] - I Don't Wanna Be With U [Plaizir Muzic]


Assal Jean has featured on these pages a couple of times previously and both tracks used samples Webster Lewis' "Emotions" on one and Don Downing's "Dr Boogie" on the other. Therefore, I'm pretty sure this new one "I Don't Wanna Be With U" does too but haven't figured it out yet. 

Curiously, he did a version of Silk's "I Can't Stop" in January, between "Emotions" and "Dr Boogie", so I wonder if that's where LF System got the idea from? (included below).

UPDATE: Many thanks to Starpoint Radio's Mike Prior who has put me (and possibly you) out of my misery and identified the 'sample' as Joe Simon's "I Don't Wanna Make Love" released as the B side to "Glad You Came My Way" on Posse in 1980. It appears to be a non-album single only and features those pesky Sweethearts of Philly, Evette Benton, Barbara Ingram and  Carla Benson, on backing vocals. It did feature on a Joe Simon Ace/Kent compilation "Soul For The Dancefloor" in 2009. The world of soul lost Joe Simon last December (2021).

Click on image below for link to where you can buy from.
Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist. 

Details
Rating: 8
Explicit: N
Genre/Style: Neo Soul
Format: Single
Media: Digital
Label: Plaizir Muzic
Cat No: None
Date: 07/10/2022
Key/BPM: 8A/110
Price: £1
Copyright © 2009-2022 SoulStrutter All Rights Reserved


2 comments:

DJ Kool Keith said...

Whilst "I Don't Wanna Be With U" is reasonably good, "Can't Stop" is diabolically bad. A terrible ruination of the Philadelphia Silk classic

Roger Williams said...

DJs and their negative opinion, ssshhhhhhh, nobody cares.