-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Wednesday 11 May 2022

Razzy Bailey [1973] - I Hate Hate [Boblo #314]


I almost forgot this week's anti-war song. Two versions of "I Hate Hate". The first by Razzy (Bailey), (a country singer who died last Aug aged 82) from 1974 and a slightly more uptempo UK cover by Danny Williams (1977).

The first Razzy issue came out in 1973 on Boblo (which I think may have been the B side) as Razzy Bailey which didn't have the kids singing in the background. It was then released again on Aquarian as Razzy & The Neighborhood Kids in Jun and got a national release on MGM in Jun 1974 simply as Razzy.

Around the time of Danny Williams cover he had a 1967 song reissued which was being played on the Northern Soul Scene "Who's Little Girl Are You" and prior to "I Hate Hate" released a song called "Dancin' Easy" which reached #30 on UK pop chart which was based on "The Right One" by Chris Gunning for Martini TV commercials.

I've just discovered that Matt Bianco covered it in 2019 ... why didn't he rename it to "That's Mattini" boom boom!?



No comments: