-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 22 May 2022

Mantis [2022] - When I Love You [Epsilon #EPS014]


Yann Vatiste's Epsilon Records releases a brand new recording by Mantis who are a 70s band from Modesto, CA, who released just one single ("I Know (You Really Want Me)" / "I Wish You Would Start (To Love Me)") on Smoke in 1976 which I suspect is a self-release/private press as it's the only release on the Oakland based label. The A side is an in-demander on the lowrider scene fetching 3 figures on original vinyl and has featured on at least three CD compilations in the last 20 or so years.

Their new song "When I Love You", recorded in 2021, comes with an instrumental flip side and is available digitally and on 7" vinyl via Epsilon website where you can also view some vintage photos of the group.

The vocals are by Rocky Whitaker and the song was produced by Alvin Harrison, both original members of the group.

I Know (You Really Want Me) [1976]

Details
Rating: 8.2
Explicit: N
Genre/Style: New Soul
Format: Single
Media: Digital / 7"
Label: Epsilon
Cat No: EPS014
Date: 21/05/2022
Key/BPM: N/A
Price: £2 / £17.50 + P&P


No comments: