-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Friday 24 September 2021

Alicia Keys Feat. Swae Lee [2021] - LALA [Unlocked) [RCA] New Video


Alicia Keys is celebrating her twentieth year since debuting in 2001 with "Songs In A Minor". She is not adverse to using a sample or two, one of her best songs, in my view, is "You Don't Know My Name" which sampled The Main Ingredient's "Let Me Prove My Love to You" (written by J.R. Bailey, Ken Williams & Mel Kent). 

Her new single "LALA (Unlocked)" featuring Swae Lee is the second in a matter of weeks that borrows from Tyrone Davis' "In The Mood" from 1979. The other being Jewel Booker's "Made It All Up" released in July. So you're in no doubt I've included the original by Tyrone Davis.

I find it 'curious' that Jewel Booker's track sampling Tyrone Davis got plenty of airplay a few months ago (and charted), yet this one from Alicia Keys has had very little as far as I can tell and it certainly isn't in either of the soul charts (or breakers) I keep an eye on. Could it be because she is a mainstream artist? Is it just too R&B oriented? Is it too soon after the Jewel Booker release or do DJ's just not like it ... who knows?

Anyway, I've re-posted two weeks after release as a new video for it has premiered in the last 24 hours. I've also added Jewel Booker's "Made It All Up" for comparison.

Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist.


FacebookTwitterInstagramOfficial WebsiteWikipediaAmazonApple musicSpotifyDeezerSoundCloudDiscogsYouTube Channel

Details
Rating: 8.4
Genre/Style: Neo Soul
Format: Single
Media: Digital
Label: RCA
Cat No: None
Date: 09/09/2021
Key/BPM: 4B/69
Value: £1


No comments: