-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Friday 14 May 2021

Family Unit [2021] - Love U All Over [Megawave #MEGW0152] (Full Album)


Family Unit were Kapp Ivory (Sheldon Martin) and Rachel Choate Martin (who I think may have been married). Kapp Ivory was a member of Rick James' backing group The Stone City Band. Coincidentally, the other day I posted a cover by Dove of a track originally released by Gerald Trotter on Mo Do owned by William Nunn who is the father of Bobby & Billy Nunn, who were together in the group Splendor, the latter was also a member of Stone City Band.

The Martins worked on several projects, The Kapp Ivory Project, The Reece Project and Family Unit. Family Unit only released this one album in 2002. The album has been reissued on 7 May 2021.  

There's several good tracks on the album so, rather than messing about, I'll post a link to the whole album. It's a mix of steppers and ballads, with the odd funky track thrown in. I'd say at least ten of the sixteen tracks still hold up after twenty years. 

It's funny, as the 'in demand' track, which seems only to have been issued on a 12" white label promo, appears to be 'Freak' which, to me, is one of the worst tracks on the album ... so what do I know? ... as they say in Yorkshire ... 'I know what I like ... and I like what I know'!


Details
Rating: 8.6
Genre/Style: Neo Soul
Format: Album
Media: Digital
Label: Megawave
Cat No: MEGW0152
Year: 07/05/2021
Value: £7.99


No comments: