-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Wednesday 6 January 2021

La'Verne Washington [2020] - I've Found What I've Been Searching For / The Promise [Melodies #MEL020]


Unfortunately this doesn't seem to happen as often as I'd like, but this track has literally just popped up on my YouTube feed and made my ears prick up.  What a lovely 2020 'real soul' release from La'Verne Washington called 'I've Found What I've Been Searching For' released on 21st Aug 2020.

As, suspected it's just 'too good' to be a new release, and after further investigation, it is in fact a reissue from 1984, originally a self release on La'mett Productions.  The only release listed for her.  It was recorded at Chapman Studios in Kansas Ciy in 1984. Washington wrote, arranged, sang and played piano on both sides and It features legendary 'Wrecking Crew' guitarist Carol Kaye on bass guitar.

There is more information about the release and the artist on the Melodies International (the publishers) website, but in summary she was predominantly a gospel singer and after the release of this single moved into the background by supporting artists and eventually managed Dee Dee Sharp and sang background vocals for her and Freda Payne. 

I've Found What I've Been Searching For

A wonderfully soulful slice of 80s modern soul.

The Promise

80s Modern soul/boogie



1 comment:

Elle V. Washington said...

Thanks again. Don’t see my post here we go again.
https://lvwashingtonmusic.com/
Nee music!