-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Wednesday 20 April 2022

The Originals [1972] - I'm Someone Who Cares [Soul #S-35093F]


Taken from their album "Definitions" is this classic modern soul spin from The Originals "I'm Someone Who Cares" from 1972

I remember hearing this for the first time played by Sean Hampsey, more years ago that I care to remember, and my jaw dropped. A timeless tune from Motown's finest who were extensively used for (uncredited) backing vocals on so many Motown hits, a male equivalent of The Adantes if you will. The song was co-written and produced by Johnny Bristol and arranged by H.B. Barnum.


Details
Rating: 9
Explicit: N
Genre/Style: Modern Soul
Format: Single
Media: 7"
Label: Soul
Cat No: S-35093F
Date: 1972
Key/BPM: 9B/83
Value: £10-£25 approx.


1 comment:

USMAN47 said...

You're absolutely right. Thank you for bringing this fantastic song from the great Motown era back from oblivion.

Yves