-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 17 March 2022

The Jous Band [2022] - I Like It / You [Blues 247 Record]


Here we have a double-sider from The Jous Band with "I Like It" (which I'm afraid I don't particularly) and "You" the much preferred side.

They have two albums and two singles to their name since 2020 but also a single dating back to 2009. In fact delving deeper they were known simply as Jous and have listings on Discogs for a 1994 album "Pronounced Joe-Us" and three singles from the 90s. 

The mainstays of the band are brothers Darryl O Brown (DB), James I Brown (Jayibee) who's names are on writers credits for both new songs along with sister Sheila and drummer Antonio Owens. Reading the bio on their website it states that both brothers were diagnosed with prostate cancer within 2 years of each other in 2017 and 2019 respectively.

Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist.

FacebookOfficial WebsiteAmazonSpotifyDeezerDiscogsYouTube Channel

Details
Rating: 7.8
Explicit: N
Genre/Style: Southern Soul
Format: Single
Media: Digital
Label: Blues 247 Record
Cat No: None
Date: 09/02/2022
Key/BPM: 10B/110 / 6A/74
Value: £1.79


2 comments:

LLSimplifyLife said...

Soul Strutter, thanks for posting great songs! Speaking of great songs, you recently posted a blog about Joe Leavy and his hits, Inside of You and Love Me to My Soul. I would love to connect and perhaps have you interview him or if you're connected to a physical location where he can perform in the UK, please let me know.

SoulStrutter said...

Hi ... Thanks for your kind comments ... please contact me at soulstrutter@gmail.com