-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Tuesday 18 January 2022

VA [2022] - These Memories - Rare Soul Gems [Outta Sight #OSVLP026] (Full Album)


A new compilation from Outta Sight consisting of thirteen modern soul gems titled "These Memories - Rare Soul Gems" will be available from 28 Jan 2022. I believe that it is only available on vinyl, at present at least, priced at £14.99 but with P&P it comes out at £19.19 if buying direct from Outta Sight (where I think it's available now).

I've managed to find all but one of the tracks on Spotify in playlist below. The missing track is the opening track by Corey Blake (Cicero Blake) "How Can I Go On Without You", which is a Phillip Mitchell penned song now approaching a four figure sum record on original vinyl on Capitol which, according to Outta Sight's promo info 'has evaded compilation for over 20 years'. From which I assume they mean on "Get Involved - 20 Modern Soul Classics" in 1998 which is fetching up to £75 now! However, they have overlooked the Phillip Mitchell compilation "Something New To Do (The Phillip Mitchell Songbook)" released by Kent in 2013, which is still available from Kent for £11.50, so a far cheaper option, but of course you can buy it on this new compilation on vinyl rather than CD!

Also, the version of Daybreak's "I Need Love" on the playlist is a remixed version not the original, therefore, for completeness, I've embedded both the above missing tracks from Brian Pinches excellent YouTube channel which, if you haven't already visited, is crammed with superb soul music. It is certainly one of the best channels for rare soul music on YouTube which, unlike so many others, are all recorded from 'original' vinyl by a true connoisseur on the UK rare soul scene.

Track listing

A Side
01 - Corey Blake - How Can I Go On Without You
02 - Freddie Terrell & The Blue Rhythm Band - You Had It Made
03 - Barrett Strong - Man Up In The Sky
04 - Billy Harner - I Got It From Heaven
05 - Sydney Joe Qualls - I Don't Do This (To Every Girl I Meet)
06 - Crystal Motion - You're My Main Squeeze (Part 1)
07 - Reuben Howell - You Can't Stop A Man In Love

B Side
01 - Almeta Lattimore - These Memories
02 - Daybreak - I Need Love
03 - Eddie Owen - Shake Off That Dream
04 - Love Committee - Tired Of Being Your Fool
05 - Sonya Spence - Let Love Flow On
06 - Brenda Holloway - My Baby Moves Me


Details
Rating: 9
Explicit: N
Genre/Style: Modern Soul
Format: Album / Compilation
Media: LP
Label: Outta Sight
Cat No: OSVLP026
Date: 28/01/2022
Value: £14.99 + P&P


No comments: