-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 4 November 2021

Richard 'Dimples' Fields [1981] - She's Got Papers On Me [The Boardwalk Entertainment Co #NBS 7-004]


Well it had to be this track to follow Betty Wright as It features her doing the rapping. Richard 'Dimples' Fields "She's Got Papers On Me" which only seems to been available as a promo single in the US. The track was the B side of  "I've Got To Learn To Say No!" taken from his 1981 "Dimples" album. It reached #56 on UK pop chart and obviously failed to chart in the US.

As we are here I though it worthy posting the answer song by Barbara Mason "She's Got The Papers (I Got The Man)". It was released over two sides on 7" in 1981 and the full version only appear on a promo 12". The full version was later released on her !Another Man" album in 1984.

I've just been informed of another 'answer' song, which I was unaware of by Jean Knight & Premium ‎"You Got The Papers (But I Got The Man)", which is not the same song as Barbara Mason, again recorded in 1981 on Cotillion.



No comments: