-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 24 June 2021

Bound [2021] - Bound I & II [Self Released] (Full Album)


This is my favourite new release of the week so far (although it was released 10 Jun 2021). It's a 13 track album "Bound I & II" from a Hawaiian group called Bound, which is actually a combination of their first six track EP Bound, released in Feb 2019, and the follow up Bound II with another seven tracks.

The "Bound" EP is available on the usual DSPs but "Bound I & II" only appears to be on BandCamp at present

There's not much info. on them except that they are four guys from Honolulu, Sam Willis (keys), Andrew Garma (drums), Riley Pa'akaula (bass) and  Nick Kurosawa (vocals) and they only appear to have released the "Bound" EP in addition to this album.

I heard "Right Timing" which drew me to them, but listening to all 13 tracks, I don't think there's a bad one. A superb album, highly recommended. I don't rate releases above 9 very often but this one is well deserving! 

UPDATE I found this album late last night and have listened again this morning and this album is just so good, every single track. Rarely do you find an album which you can just let play all through without skipping, especially with 13 tracks!

I managed to find a live video of them performing the best track "Right Timing" and with a bit more digging discovered that Nick Kurosawa, the vocalist, has released a couple of albums and four or five singles/EPs since 2018 including one this year.

If anyone connected with the group reads this then please get in touch as I'd like to learn more about them as I can't find any social media for them.

Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist.


AmazonApple musicSpotifyDeezerBandCampSoundCloudYouTube Channel

Details
Rating: 9.3
Genre/Style: Neo Soul
Format: Album
Media: Digital
Label: Self Released
Cat No: None
Year: 10/06/2021
Value: $13 (£9.35 approx.)


No comments: