-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 22 April 2021

Davante Thornton [2021] - Luh and Circumstance [Self Released] (Full Album)


I'll stick my neck out and state that this is one of the better albums released this year so far. 

Born in the small town of Hope, AZ, he now resides in Dallas , TX. This appears to be his debut album and the only other material I can find from him is a six track EP 'Smooth Silky Soul' released last year from which a single 'The Way You Do It To Me' was released.

He has a great understatement on his facebook page 'I try to sing a good 2-3 notes on key every now and then'.

Some of the 'choice cuts' include 'Give All My Luh' a deep soul duet with Ruby Miller, 'Closer' a neo soul stepper with female artist Ace,  'No One Knows' a smooth soul ballad, 'Games' would have been my standout track but sadly there's a 20 second rap at 1:30 which interrupts the groove! (I feel a SoiulStrutter edit on it coming!). I really don't know what a 20 second rap in the middle of a 4 min track is supposed to add to the tune? The closing track 'Tonight (I'm Coming Home) 'is a deep soul acapella which displays his vocal ability.

Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist.


FacebookTwitterInstagramOfficial WebsiteAmazonApple musicSpotifySoundCloudYouTube Channel

Details
Rating: 8.4
Genre/Style: Neo Soul
Format: Album
Media: Digital
Label: Self Released
Cat No: None
Year: 17/04/2021
Value: £7.99


No comments: