-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 21 January 2021

Stacey Merino [2020] - Neither One Of Us [Unreleased]


You just can't keep a good song down unless you're Mz Connie who 'murdered' it on her new album I posted a few days ago.

Published on YT 3 Dec 2020 but I don't believe it has actually been released yet, here's a good male version by Stacey Merino.  Stacey Merino Dawson is an established soul singer performing in his home town of Memphis, TN and appeared in X Factor USA series 3 in 2013 although he didn't reach the finals.  There are quite a few videos on YT of his live performaces, some go back as far as 1987 so he's been on the circuit for some time and it's about time he got a break!  I found an album he released in 2013 called 'My Tribute' which has some decent covers (such as Fire & Desire and Love Won't Let Me Wait), and another self-titled album he released in 2000.

Krystal Kleer 2019 (unreleased)

I'm not sure whether I've already posted this which I found quite a while ago.  I love this 'amateur' version.  This just oozes soulfulness. She feels every word.  I left a message over a year ago saying that she should record and release it. I for one would definately buy it.

Jennifer Hudson 2004

JHud's version taken from American Idol season 3 CD which she didn't actually sing in the contest. She was eliminated in week 11 of the finals (coming 7th).

Gladys Knight 2015

Just to be fair to the previous versions I've saved the definitive version by the lady who 'owns' this song until last.  A live performance on Skyville Live in Jan 2015, looking and sounding terrific.



No comments: