-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Sunday 31 January 2021

Don't Let The Devil Fool You


Whilst still on the gospel 'tip' here's another one, inspired by Craig Charles' trio of gospel northern tracks played on his show last night. A couple of covers/interpretations of Wilson Pickett's 'Don't Let The Green Grass Fool' and a gospel version of 'Just My Imagination'.

Rev. W. Bernard Avant Jr. & The St. James Gospel Choir [1972] - Don't Let The Green Grass Fool You (Don't Let The Devil Fool You) [Gospel Truth #GTA-1203]

Rev. W. Bernard Avant Jr. & The St. James Gospel Choir [1972] - Just My Imagination [Gospel Truth #GTS-2701]

A gospel version of The Temptations 'Just My Imagination (Just My Salvation)' also recorded by The Rance Allen Group earlier on the same label.

The Gospel Messengers [2015] - Don't Let The Devil Fool You [Self Released]

I 'wonder' if Bobby Wade credited here is the same Bobby Wade who released a few singles on Way Out and was a member of Little Anthony & The Imperials who I posted a feature on a while ago. I think he may be pictured back right on sleeve image below.



No comments: