-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Monday 30 May 2022

Roger Williams [2022-05-29] - The Soulsorts Podcast [Podcast #8]


"The Soulsorts Record Room '22 Summer C120 Sessions #4" is the fourth in a series of podcasts by Roger Williams continuing the theme of one hour album tracks and one hour of singles all on vinyl. 

Mainly 'golden era' 70s/80s tunes having a quick scan through the playlist and once again many underplayed, lesser known and unknown gems.


Playlist:

LP & 12 inch side:
Incognito – Freedom Town (12” Talkin’ Loud)
A Certain Pleasure feat. Guida De Palma – Be There (12” 2-Groove Productions)
Natalie Cole – I Wanna Be That Woman (12” Pink Cadillac EP Manhattan Records)
James D-Train Williams - Child Of Love (LP: In Your Eyes)
Mikki Bleu – Something Real (LP: I Promise)
Sid The Kid – I Wanna Hold You Tight (LP: The Basics Of Love)
René Hayes – Since I Found You (LP: You Are The Answer)
Donna Allen feat. Howard Johnson – Perfect Timing (LP: Perfect Timing)
Corky Hale feat. Joe Coleman – So Much In Love (LP: Harp Beat)
Audio – You Stay On My Mind (LP: Romantic)
Jazzanova feat. Sean Haefeli – Lost My Love (LP: Strata Records The Sound Of Detroit Reimagined)
Tata Vega – In The Morning (LP: Try My Love)
Gateway – The Show Is Over Part 1 (LP: Love Affair The Hidden Sounds Of Soul Music)
Positive Force – Tell Me What You See (LP: Positive. Force)

45 side:
Margo Thunder – Mama You’re Alright With Me (45: Haven Records)
Jeannie Reynolds – Unwanted Company (45: Casablanca)
Al Wilson – I’ve Got A Feeling We’ll Be Seeing Each Other Again (45: Playboy Records)
Gene Redding – (We’ve Got) More Than It Takes (45: Haven Records)
Charles Mann – I Can Feel It (45: ABC Records)
Rev. T. L. Barratt – Said It Long Time Ago (45: Gospel Roots)
The Johnny Otis Show feat. Barbara Morrison – Hey Boy! I Want Ya’ (45: Jazz World Records)
Zingara – Gettin’ Down (45: Wheel Records)
Lou Courtney – Why (45: Epic)
Dottie Pearson – Bring It Over Baby (45: Grapevine)
Frankie Kelly – Ain’t That The Truth (45: 10 Records)
Smoke – Have I Really Lost You (45: J-Bridge Records)
Syreeta & G. C. Cameron – Love To The Rescue (45: Motown Records)
Bobby Thurston – I Really Didn’t Mean It (45: Prelude Records)
Ron Keith And Ladys – Can’t Live Without You (Sticks And Stones) (45: A&M Records)
Akwaaba People – What Am I Gonna Do (45: Deep Funk Records)
Atlantic Starr – Don’t Abuse My Love (45: A&M Records)
John Edwards – Cold Hearted Woman (45: Kent Records)

Copyright © 2009-2022 SoulStrutter All Rights Reserved


No comments: