-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Wednesday 16 February 2022

Patti LaBelle [1994] - I Can't Tell My Heart What To Do [MCA #MCAD-10870]


A superb album only track by Patti LaBelle from her 1994 (CD only) "Gems" was played today by Gary Van Den Bussche on his lunchtime Starpoint Radio show. I'm not normally a big fan of Patti LaBelle's voice, as I find her a bit 'screechy' and she often 'over eggs' a lot of her songs, but "I Can't Tell My Heart What To Do" is an absolute pearl of a song and delivery.

Gary mixes up the old with the new from across the decades and always manages to find and play loads of hidden gems on his shows that you may have long forgotten or didn't know in the first place. A great show for soul connoisseurs. Catch the show Mon-Fri between 11am-1pm (GMT) on Starpoint Radio. He also does a 'Get Down Saturday Night' show 8pm-10pm (GMT) Sat evenings which, as the title suggests, is more dance oriented than his daytime shows.


Details
Rating: 9
Explicit: N
Genre/Style: Deep Soul
Format: Album Track
Media: CD
Label: MCA
Cat No: MCAD-10870
Date: 1994
Key/BPM: 2B/75
Value: £5-£15 approx.


No comments: