-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Friday 17 September 2021

PawPaw Rod [2021] - A PawPaw Rod EP [Godmode] (Full EP)


PawPaw Rod is a new artist from Oklahoma who released his inventively titled debut EP "A PawPaw Rod EP" on 16 Sep 2021. Three of the tracks have already been released as singles, with the first "Hit Em Where It Hurts" escaping exactly a year ago in 18 Sep 2020.

He describes his music as "an effortlessly cool blend of rap, 60s soul, and house". I'm afraid I don't really hear that myself, but the standout track, the only one not previously released, "Lemonhaze" is a groove, more of a 70s retro sound to me, which reminds me a bit of Boz Scaggs (Lowdown?) for some reason!

I'll put up the full EP and you can decide for yourself!

Click icons below for further information or to connect with the artist.


FacebookTwitterInstagramAmazonApple musicSpotifyDeezerBandCampSoundCloudYouTube Channel

Details
Rating: 7.2
Genre/Style: Retro Soul
Format: EP Track
Media: Digital
Label: Self Released
Cat No: None
Date: 2021
Key/BPM: 7A/102
Value: £3.49


1 comment:

Sibella said...

It reminds you of Boz Scaggs “Lowdown” because it IS Boz Scaggs “Lowdown”. I dunno if PP Rod got permission to use it, but it’s there.