-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Thursday 19 August 2021

Walter Heath [1974] - You Know You're Wrong Don't Ya Brother (Selected Tracks) [Buddah #BDS 5615]


Inspired by the new 20 track Modern Soul compilation released today (posted yesterday) from Outta Sight, I thought that today, for a change, I'd post all vintage stuff as a break from a lot of 'samey' new material. Most, if not all, of the tracks will be from the 'So Soulful 70s'.

To kick things off, and set the tone, here are a couple of album only tracks from Walter Heath from his only album "You Know You're Wrong Don't Ya Brother" on Buddah, 1974. The album spawned two 45s (including one for the title track) and that seems to be his total output. I thought that strange as it's a very good album and I hadn't realised, until putting this post together, that he went on to record gospel, which is unsurprising as he was the son of a preacher and raised on gospel, so this looks like his only venture into secular music. He released two gospel CDs in 2009 and 2010 and appears to be still alive and well as he has his own YouTube channel and posted on it only in May.

I was only going to post one track, but may as well post all the good modern soul tracks from the album: "Put Your Love In My Hands", "You Know You're Wrong Don't Ya Brother" and "I Thought You Might Like To Know".

I've had the album for many years and it's still easily and cheaply available (prices on Discogs vary from $5-$50 - interestingly none for sale from UK - no one here wants to sell it! - so shipping costs could be a factor). I don't believe that it has ever been reissued (on vinyl or CD).


Details
Rating: 9
Genre/Style: Modern Soul
Format: Album Tracks
Media: LP
Label: Buddah
Cat No: BDS 5615
Date: 1974
Value: $5-$50


1 comment:

USMAN47 said...

I also have the album which is largely underestimated.
It will certainly be a great discovery for some.
Thanks for posting it.

Yves