-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Saturday 6 February 2021

The Lovelites [1972] - My Baby Loves Me [Lovelite #LLR03]


After the 'set up' in the last post, this next post just has to be from The Lovelites. I personally believe that this is the best song Martha & The Vandellas recorded. It reached #3 R&B #22 Hot 100 in 1966.  

This is The Lovelites version, released in 1972, who only had two R&B chart entries and this wasn't one of them. They were 'How Can I You Tell My Mom & Dad' (#15 R&B #60 Hot 100 1969)  and 'My Conscience' (#36 R&B 1971).

They had a popular record played on NS scene mid 70s 'Get It Off My Conscience' (different song to 'My Conscience' above). It must have been played not long after release in 1975 as it was certainly played in '76. It fitted in along with many of the more funky tunes being played around that period.



No comments: