-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Monday 1 February 2021

Sidibe [2021] - Breathwork [Self Released]


A new artist to me although she seems to have been around since 2014, and in 2016 Prince selected 'I'm Only Dreaming' from her EP 'You Got The Luck' as his 'Purple Pick Of The Week' playlist, but I personally think 'Maybe' is a better track.

She has a distinctive and unique style which is difficult to categorise, soulful but not 'really' soul in the true sense. She is certainly a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice, apparently she has a 5 octave range.

Breathwork

The latest single released 29 Jan 2021, breathy, ambient and soothing.

Strangers

Released as a single in Feb 2017.


There I was thinking about how she reminded me a bit of Sade and lo and behold I found an acoustic cover of 'Love Is Stronger Than Pride'.



No comments: