-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Saturday 30 January 2021

Prominent [2005] - Step Into My World [Royalty (SE) #ROYCD9]


A superb modern / neo soul tune from 2005 by Swedish group Prominent from their 3rd album '42 Grams'. Boy ... is this soulful!

I'll take this opportunity to present a few other tracks from the album, with a 'health warning' that a couple of the tracks contain some 'rapping', but to me there's rapping and then there's rapping ... if you know what I mean! i.e. rhythmical rap v ranting rap which is just an unwanted  'noise' to me!

This was their last album. I don't know what happened to them as on the strength of this album, with at least 4 or 5 good tracks featured here, I would have thought it was good enough for further releases. I can find no further releases from them or any of the members of the group, although the lead singer Petricks Castelo did work on a 2008 Swedish movie: Leslie - A Star Waiting To Shine.

It would appear that they broke up, or had a sabbatical, for a few years and then made a comeback with a new single 'The Lights' in 2013, which I'm afraid is not to my taste as it's typical R&B/Hip-hop fodder.

Lucky Day

From the same album this one samples snippets of Shalamar's 'A Night To Remember'.

Let's Talk It Over

Never Loved No One

Hold On To Your World



No comments: