-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Tuesday 19 January 2021

Jessy Dixon / Beverley Skeete [1979/2018] - You Bring The Sun Out


Yet another fabulous live performance from Beverley Skeete covering a song originally recorded by gospel artist Jessy Dixon (who co wrote it with Tom Snow) in 1979, so I thought I'd post both together.

It has also been recorded by Randy Crawford (Secret Combination album and also on B side to Secret Combination (US only) 1981) and UK reggae artist Janet Kaye did a lover's rock version in 1982. I also like the Jackie Mittoo 'version' on the flip of Janet Kaye.

Jessy Dixon

Title track of 1979 album and also released as 45.

Beverley Skeete

I don't think she has ever recorded this, so the live version is the only one available. I have to say that, whilst I was previously aware of her, I had no appreciation of just how good she was and would definately watch out for her live performances, hopefully in the not too distant future.



No comments: