-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Monday 23 November 2020

Ceci Jones [2020] - Levels Of Love [Red Virgo] LP


Hot off the press (well it's been out since 28th Oct 2020) is brand new album from Ceci Jones entitled Levels Of Love.  Her name is new to me but a couple of tracks feature a familiar name Curt Jones (Slave, Aurra, DeJa) who is her husband (they met in 2013) who also co-wrote and produced the album.  

Although this is her debut album, Ceci has been in the music business since the 80s and at one time was signed to Virgin records, however, so far, I can't find any of her earlier material, presumably because her surname wasn't Jones at the time, but I'll keep digging.



The whole (13 track) album has been posted on Ceci Jones topic on YouTube, but below I've posted what I regard as the standout tracks, but on a first listen the whole album sounds good to me - another added to the list of best albums 2020.


Count On Me Feat. Curt Jones

This track features her husband Curt Jones who was originally a member of Slave, then Aurra  who later changed their name to DeJa when Aurra became a duo consisting of Curt Jones and Starleana Young.

A cool neo soul stepper with a real soul feel. I expect this to feature in UK Soul Chart real soon!



When It Comes To You

Similar tempo and feel to Count On Me with a Spanish spoken intro.


Levels Of Love

Haven't quite decided whether I prefer this or Count On Me as the top track, there's not much in it. A stepper with a double beat that just grooves along.


The Way That I Do Feat. Curt Jones

Another stepper, but not quite up to the same standard as Count On Me.



No comments: