-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Monday 27 April 2020

Anna Raye [196?] - Will You Love My Child / Will You Be There [Quality Sound QS-02]


Discography

1967 - I've Got Love / Annas Thang [Lock L-724]
196? - Will You Love My Child / Will You be There [Quality Sound QS-02]

Anna Raye [196?] - Will You Love My Child [Quality Sound QS-02]

Crossover

There's that name again C.B. (Christopher Bertrand) Allen (member of Shades Of Brown) on writing credits (writer of songs for Jimmy Burns, Denise Chandler, Lovelites etc.).

I can find only one other release on the label QS-01 by Gene Riley - Been So Long.  On that one it refers to Ed Cody who ran/worked at Stereosonic Studios, Chicago so deduce that he may have owned this label and it's from Chicago.  It also refers to The Keymasters who produced 45s for The Lovelites on Lovelite and Ralph Johnson (ex Impressions) on Master Key.  

Produced by Johnny Cameron and co-written by William Bagsby, names also associated with The Keymasters so almost certainly a Chicago recording.

Master Key Publishing also produced Northern Soul favourites such as  Lovelites/Keanya Collins - Love Bandit, Lovelites - My Conscience, Jimmy Burns - I Really Love You.


Anna Raye [196?] - Will You Be There [Quality Sound QS-02]

Soul Group Harmony / Crossover




No comments: