-->
email Facebook Instagram Instagram Spotify Mixcloud eBay Instagram Linktree

Friday 20 March 2020

Chantique [1979] - I Know I'm Falling In Love [AIP 1001]


NB This was originally posted om ModernSoul on 31st December 2010



Format: 45
A: Too Much of Anything (It Ain't Good)
B:
I Know I'm Falling in Love
Label: AIP
Cat No: 1001
Year: 1979
Value: £75 (7") £150 (12")

Quality smooth 70's soul dancer which appears to be the first release on Arnold Ingram's (aka Brimstone Ingram) Detroit label.  The featured track is the B side.  I can find absolutely no information about Chantique.  I suspect this may well be her/their only release, which would be surprising because this is quality and the A side is pretty good also.  They may well have gone on to record (or recorded previously) under another name.  Any information would be welcome.

Arnold Ingram co-wrote The Floaters' - Float on with James Mitchell (Detroit Emeralds) along with many other Floaters songs.




Chantique [1979] - Too Much of Anything (It Ain't Good) [AIP 1001]





No comments: